Sideshow Collectibles Iron Giant

Tinman

Tinman...this is actually the MONDO version that I posted under Robot Talk a few weeks back. I got both the bot and bolt! The old Ultimate Iron Giant toy stands 22 inches tall, mint in the box they go for anywhere between $200-350.

Thanks TP6. I'm not exactly sure how Sideshow works these deals with other companies, like Hot Toys for example, I didn't see your earlier post. I'm already on the stick for R2-D2 (which is late due to a dock-worker strike), C-3PO, Iron Giant Bolt, ...and Captain America (Age of Ultron costume); adding another $300 item may be a bit much, especially because most will be released at/near the same time. I'm going to search out your other post; what are your thoughts on the Iron Giant figure, I'm not familiar with Mondo?

MONDO is an art house that promotes limited edition graphics, prints and lithographs, posters, T-Shirts and soundtrack albums. Much of the work covers SciFi and horror films. I have seen some of the prints and they are fantastic takes on classic movies and shows. They are top-notch, promoting only high-quality art. I believe this is their first foray into toys, but if it sells well, it won't be their last. I just wish the Iron Giant was of comparable size to the original toy, but perhaps that was by design.

After thinking about it for a few days I ordered one from Sideshow since I already have an account there. I found an article on the net that said Mondo was making the Iron Giant figure and 250 deluxe versions, but it never said what the difference was; the one on Sideshow is advertised as the deluxe. I'll have to do some digging to see if there's a difference and if that statement was true; I believe the article was dated January 2015.

I'm happy with the figure's size; at 16 inches it still won't fit in the bottom shelf of a Detolf case. In any event, we have a LOTS of time to think about display ideas!

Found it:

"While there’s no limit on the pre-orders, there will be a limited edition “Hand Under Foot” edition for $315, which is limited to 250 and comes with the nice addition of the loose hand that wanders around Hogarth’s home while the Giant is hiding in the barn."

That set was sold out within minutes of the item's opening sale, I know, I tried to buy one and by the time my request went through I got the message that it had sold out. However, I'll bet at least one shows up on eBay for $70 more.

Sold out in minutes...interesting. Yeah, I think I'm good without the spare hand although I wish they would have made several casts of Hogarth.

Archived