Display: Moon Surface Display

Kilroy

Quite a while back, there were pictures posted from an old Life magazine that featured moon surface concept vehicles and such. A bunch of these surfaced as Matt Mason toys. I was going to do a diorama of them but lost my way but before I gave up, I came up with at least one good idea for space toy displays. I made my own moon surface out of styrofoam cut to fit in the standard Ikea display case. After some trial and error the method that worked best was to spray lacquer thinner on the piece of styrofoam that would then melt, if you want a crater, use more thinner in that spot. I don't think it off gassed anything but I wasn't inhaling anything at that stage just to be safe. I then got some black latex paint in a spray can and voila - a moon surface suitable for whatever space life I deemed fit to deposit there. Probably good to make moon rocks, asteroids or whatever other pockmarked shape you need.

post-548-0-70065100-1421439540_thumb.jpg

post-548-0-35463800-1421439552_thumb.jpg

post-548-0-99689100-1421439536_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Brian.. changed the title to Display: Moon Surface Display

Archived