Space Toy?

Brian..

I found this link which includes a picture of the box - http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/china-791-sparkling-car-1960s-468059263. It calls it a sparkling car but makes no space references. So the only thing that would make it a space toy is that some of the graphics on the vehicle are space themed. So I'm thinking not a space toy as such but somethign that's peripheral/related.

Ok, let's break this down; the driver/pilot does seem to be wearing a uniform of sorts. Protruding from the engine hood is a hulking flashing reactor, with cooling pipes ( in my humble opinion, of course). There is a classification number on the side, a la the Enterprise. Not including the aforementioned space-themed design elements peppering the body...nope, you are correct, it is just an ugly toy jeep. 😆

It looks like they intended it to be a car of the future, going by the art on it. They failed miserably, but that's my take. "That's a Buick?"

This one Is a Space Toy,

I Like how much stuff is on the header card. Every boys dream toy is on that card but

the package contains a plastic water bottle for a DOLL ! ! !

post-27-0-84654600-1421251490_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-71293000-1421251503_thumb.jpg

Archived