Uk Members Question About Postage

funkrobotik

:scratchhead: Here's a question to any UK members who send valuable parcels overseas.

If you've not posted overseas lately you may not know that our marvellous post office will no longer insure items over £250 in value so it has to go Parcel Force . This is mega expensive,,, the last robot I just got a quote for with a value of £600 was £80 to the USA. Outrageous !!!!!

So this is the question ,,,,, have any of you guys found a cheaper way to post than that to Europe and the USA.

Thanks.

No funkrobotik,I have not found any other service.I post jewellery overseas and now that can't be insured for more than £250 either.That's international tracked and signed for.Anything over that is DHL or the like and for the sort of of price you state.Buying and selling overseas is becoming expensive for sure.

Cheers Ranger that was the answer I was expecting .

I'm searching all over so if I come up with anything I will post it so we can all dump Royal Mail. Rip off merchants full score.

Quick comparison with parcel2go.com and transg... a 2kg 30cm,30cm,30cm, parcel to Norway (which is an unusual test)

Parceltogo is cheaper.

post-1849-0-40294000-1421325698_thumb.pn

post-1849-0-76120500-1421325714_thumb.pn

BUT....

Have been fine with parceltogo except just before christmas. paid, did all paperwork then went to a shop to drop off item.The scan showed the payment was rejected. (Turns out it had not been, no idea what the problem was). So I shot back home went on parcel2go website, and guess what, no contact phone number!!!!!!!! So what do you do, you have paid, been turned down at dropoff point and no one to contact by phone. Got in touch with UPS. No use it was one of their contracters and I needed to contact parcel2go direct. Yes, but they have no phone number said, not out problem says UPS.

Brilliant, no customer service without emailing them, had to send via parcelforce, booked on line,which at the very end demands you take insurance, no option.

Parcel2go did reimburse me but not for the hour and half I wasted through their fault.

Shipping is such a damn pain.

Thanks RoboCopy. Just had a quick look and even with £800 insurance looks promising.

Thanks for input Mark. I've not forgotten the meet up ,,, just not got round to it yet but I've got some time off shortly so I'll be giving you a ring.

Archived