Henk Gosses Laser Robot Prototype

zzrobot

This was up on eBay for a very short time, I wonder if Jay reads this forum and can comment on this great piece.

LASER ROBOT

Prototype Robot built by H.I. Gosses. Many parts of this Robot are machine stamped and hand made just as was done in 1960's Japan. This version is one of Mr. Gosses earliest projects. Robot stands 12" tall and walks forward, then stops to blow smoke from his mouth. Unique feature of actual laser light beam shines from top of chest through the smoke. Robot has separate switch on front and back for both actions. Only 1 of these was built as far as I know, so it is very rare, and represents a unique time in Vintage Robot history. All reasonable offers considered. I reserve the right to end this auction at any time since Robot is also for sale locally.

post-15-0-66185400-1420680476.jpg

post-15-0-54406800-1420680574.jpg

post-15-0-15391500-1420680587.jpg

Magnificent piece. Henk had the talent to keep these toys extremely well-balanced and beautiful works of art. The idea of the smoke being lit as it exits the 'bot is fantastic, so simple but why did others not think of it? Henk was the master.

Archived