Latest Arrivals

Ranger

Hello..

Postman has just been,Christmas carries on! I bought these for $175 as a BIN.The listing said only the red one is working.Well,I like a challenge and unless there are bits missing I am pretty sure I can get them all to work.I have already got the robot 2000 working perfectly. Two of the R1 robots have something clunking and rattling around inside,sounds like the motor has come loose? I looked at the tabs,don't looks as though they have been tampered with at all. I won't have chance till the weekend to 'operate' on them. Looks like decorating the house will be on hold....again! Wish I had won the yellow rescue robot I missed on ebay here in the UK a few weeks ago.Anyway,got to find a home for this lot and their boxes now! Oh,if anyone is interested,the robot 2000 does have the flashing light on top of his head.

post-331-0-36416900-1420629959_thumb.jpg

post-331-0-00893500-1420629991_thumb.jpg

post-331-0-22483500-1420630027_thumb.jpg

Ranger, that's a nice grouping, congratulations! I wonder how many colors those R-1's did come in? So far I've seen red, blue, gray, yellow and bare metal...did they get a green version anywhere? :scratchhead:

Thanks tinplate6.

I am not sure re the colours.I know there is light grey,dark grey,one with a black stripe,the rur bare metal.I have seen one that looks light blue but I am not sure if that was the result of camera flash/lighting etc. I like these robots. I will never get the gang of 4/5 and to be honest,if I had the kind of money to buy them there are many,many other robots I would rather have.If the lotto comes up,I may change my mind re that though.Here is a better group shot,only a kindle camera though.I should have just done this one shot in the first place! Oh,there is the yellow rescue robot too! Anyone got one to sell? Message me if you have,thanks.

post-331-0-41724000-1420633475_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys,and a belated Happy New Year! A turquoise one then Astrogonza, not seen that.I think there are still a few to get.

Great addition on the R-1 robots. The Yellow version seems to be the fast seller on-line. Here are a few inside pics of the Gray version that I bought it had a loose fit gear on the motor that made a Rattle sound once it was glued to the shaft all was well again. :biggrin:

post-856-0-46721300-1420675564_thumb.jpg

post-856-0-56864900-1420675581_thumb.jpg

post-856-0-59821200-1420675594_thumb.jpg

post-856-0-37729700-1420675607_thumb.jpg

Hi Roboto

Thanks. Yes,I would think the problem you had is all that's wrong with these ones I have got.There is virtually nothing inside them as your photo clearly shows.All that space gets me thinking of doing another conversion on one of these.I was quite pleased with the Robby R1 so maybe time to try another.Time to get my thinking cap on,that should take a while!

I have the unpainted and the purple version of the R1. Nice bot, but it seems so fragile. I was told when I got my silver one not to lift it out of the box by the head or I'll have a headless robot. So I'm careful with how I handle those. But they look real good. Nice pick up.

Hello Ken

Yes,they are difficult to get out of the box and I was indeed worried the heads were going to come off them,they are a tight fit for sure.

Could you post a photo of the purple one? I don't recall seeing that version.

Thanks.

All fixed and working! 2 of them had the motor completely detached.It looks like the motors were never tightened down properly. Each needed 4 wires soldering back on.Another had a screw missing that held the gearbox down and the robot 2000 had a bad switch connection and the front panel was not on correctly.All ok now and I am pleased with them.

post-331-0-53612400-1420994231_thumb.jpg

Archived