Smaller Space Patrol Car

Fineas J. Whoopie

Since we have recently established that my memory can not be trusted I am only going to say I don't think I've seen this car before. I was interested and set a snipe bid but had no idea what to expect. I bid what I could afford and in the end my snipe was not enough to even get recorded for split second before being out bid. The lot went for over $400. Not having any experience with this toy it could be cheap for all I know. Hell - as far as I know the truck it was offed with could be super rare among car guys and the real reason for the realized price!!

Anyway I like it and it would have fit nicely in the very limited display space I have available. Oh well.

Anyone seen one before? Know of a previous price?

post-143-0-37003900-1420397964_thumb.jpg

post-143-0-35128000-1420397978_thumb.jpg

post-143-0-25995200-1420397988_thumb.jpg

Hi Fineas

I googled re this car and found a website,antiques navigator.Sorry but I can't add a link with this kindle.There is a photo of the car and it says 'completed',that's obviously an auction house or ebay,I don't know which or when it was. It sold for....$99! Whether it was the same one you bid on,who knows.

Regards.

Ha! Mark has beaten me to it,well done,fellow Gustavian!

Yep I was a little lazy and forgot to introduce it as a cousin of the well known Ichiko Space patrols. Good to know it's not exceedingly rare. I'd like to snag one some day. I'm not sure if I would have bid on the $99 example or not. Just rough enough to make me think twice........but then again.......Damn I'm fickle!

post-143-0-64855400-1420403218_thumb.jpg

Thanks Steve. Perhaps one day I'll get lucky and pick up a nice one for the lower end of the range. Next question - anyone ever seen a box for this version?

Fineas - the one on your photo doesnt look like the other ones , yours is a 2 side window versions and the others have 4 small windows on the side.

zzrobot - thats one really nice pack of toys, what is the manufacture name?

post-16-0-33046500-1420465176.jpg

I don't recognize this logo.

post-16-0-82306000-1420465765.jpgpost-16-0-30280600-1420465789.jpg

Good eye, tjohejsan. Slightly different letters, shape of the windows, chrome edging on front windshield, different rear fins, too.

Archived