So What Did Santa Bring You ?

robothut

Hi Everyone,

Great to see the broad selection of goodies that Santa brought everyone! I'm new to collecting vintage robots, etc. I have been collecting Forbidden Planet and Lost in Space items for years now, however my Robby and B9 items are relatively new.

My Wife surprised me with this Door Robot and Earthman as early Christmas gifts! She recognized the Door Robot as Robbyish and she just liked the Look of the Earth Man! Both are fully functional and came from a local gentleman who was downsizing his collection.

I'm glad I found this site! Awesome information and nice that there are so many knowledgeable members.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

Brent

post-2047-0-62805800-1420164613_thumb.jp

post-2047-0-15279600-1420164635_thumb.jp

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome I Robot!

Those are two higher-end robots you received this year, congrats on a great start! Yes, the Door Robot is very comfortable with a Robby collection, he's Robby's cousin for sure. Are the boxes original or new?

As for the remote for the Door Robot there are many different variations attached to these guys from what I've heard.

Thanks for the welcome Morbius!

I do feel very fortunate to have received these two robots.

Yes, I did see a blue remote in another post ,thanks for mentioning that.

The Door Robot box appears to be original from what my wife was told by the gentleman she purchased it from and from what I've read on this site about spotting repos. There is an insert in the box that seems to fit the robot properly as well. The Earthman box is a repo and my my wife was told this when she purchased the toy.

Wow I robot! You had the kind of Christmas we all dream about! I'm sure you already know this but that wife of yours is a keeper! Welcome to Alphadrome.

Hi Everyone,

Great to see the broad selection of goodies that Santa brought everyone! I'm new to collecting vintage robots, etc. I have been collecting Forbidden Planet and Lost in Space items for years now, however my Robby and B9 items are relatively new.

My Wife surprised me with this Door Robot and Earthman as early Christmas gifts! She recognized the Door Robot as Robbyish and she just liked the Look of the Earth Man! Both are fully functional and came from a local gentleman who was downsizing his collection.

I'm glad I found this site! Awesome information and nice that there are so many knowledgeable members.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

Brent

Welcome I Robot. What fantastic Christmas gifts,your a lucky man!

Ranger love the Space Comander robot and the Space Raid Car ! I also got a gift card and just used it to order my self the new Wu Z bots "that santa did not bring me".

And the poster from Botstock 11 that Joe sent. Here is the link to that thread.

Not in the same league as some of the goodies you guys have had but I got this 2nd Space Commander yesterday,luckily I am easily pleased! I have to say,it's only the radar dish that makes this robot good to look at,but it does the job.

post-331-0-94928400-1420212888_thumb.jpg

Not fair Ranger, you have two of those cool bots and I do not even have one. But I did just get 3 late Xmas gifts from a family member that normally runs a little late on every thing. A 100 piee R2D2 puzzle, that each puzzle part is made of star wars images, a C3PO and R2D2 ornament, the R2 one has antlers and A R2D2 kaleidoscope.

post-7-0-70094500-1420312026_thumb.jpg

Wow I robot, those are great robots, the remote on both are correct as well, love those very rare blue buttons on the door remote and a great green variation of remote, those little cuts on the top of the spaceman remote make it genuine original, a lot are replaced.

Fab condition as well, nice one.

Hey Ranger, you are going to be sleeping in a tent in the garden soon with all those bots!!!!!

cheers

Chilli

Not fair Ranger, you have two of those cool bots and I do not even have one. But I did just get 3 late Xmass gifts from a family member that normally runs a little late on every thing. A 100 peice R2D2 puzzle, that each puzzle part is made of star wars images, a C3PO and R2D2 ornament, the R2 one has antlers and A R2D2 kaleidoscope.

Crikey John, I would have thought you would have had the Space Commander robots in a multitude of variations. Don't feel too bad, you have many,many more robots than me, and some very nice ones too! You have had some interesting gifts.Your family probably don't know what robots to buy you as you probably already have got them! :biggrin:

Wow I robot, those are great robots, the remote on both are correct as well, love those very rare blue buttons on the door remote and a great green variation of remote, those little cuts on the top of the spaceman remote make it genuine original, a lot are replaced.

Fab condition as well, nice one.

Hey Ranger, you are going to be sleeping in a tent in the garden soon with all those bots!!!!!

cheers

Chilli

Hi Chilli

Yes, I robot is one lucky guy for sure!

My wife said I have been buying too much,its cold out here tonight! :diggin:

Not fair Ranger, you have two of those cool bots and I do not even have one. But I did just get 3 late Xmas gifts from a family member that normally runs a little late on every thing. A 100 piee R2D2 puzzle, that each puzzle part is made of star wars images, a C3PO and R2D2 ornament, the R2 one has antlers and A R2D2 kaleidoscope.

Don.t hold out on us if there are holoGRAPHIC images of princess Leia in that R2 kaleidoscope! :biggrin:

Finally got my two Z robots that I ordered with a gift card. They are great wind ups. If any of you have not bought them yet they are a must !

post-7-0-13876100-1420500045_thumb.jpg

Hi Chilli

Yes, I robot is one lucky guy for sure!

My wife said I have been buying too much,its cold out here tonight! :diggin:

Thanks Ranger!

Yes, even our antique tractor club guys say that about my wife! She bought me a beautiful Cockshutt 20 tractor for my birthday a year and a half ago:).

Makes life easier if my wife sometimes finds me these treasures, believe me, makes it easier to stay warm and not have to dig my way out of the doghouse:).

Archived