So What Did Santa Bring You ?

robothut

Nice additions both of you. That Fighting Space Man is all over the map price-wise lately, from a few hundred $ to thousands. Wonderful you've been able to restore it. :biggrin::cheers:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice MRH!! Congrats.

Wish I had kept mine MRH. I can't stop looking at your ranger,that's a beauty! Was it from Marco,one of the Australian ones by any chance?

Hi Ranger, I regret not buying yours all those years ago when you offered it to me, I seem to recall you got it from Jay at Robot Island, then decided to move it on, just at the time I had bought an Astroman and had no Robot money to spare. This one came from Dan Morphy Auctions in the US, costly with import duty but worth it.

You are correct,I got mine from Jay. Ahh,Dan Morphy auction then. The import duty can be a killer can't it but if you buy at the right price it can work out OK.It looks to be a very nice example,I must get another Ranger,who knows,maybe this year. As usual,my new year,though not quite here yet has started with having to spend £85 on a new car battery today.More potential robot money gone! A happy New year from my volvo!!

They are out there Ranger, I was lucky enough to pick up 4 rangers last year without much import duty.

Hope we meet up in the new year.

post-1849-0-50853900-1419965943_thumb.jp

cheers

Chilli

Yes indeed! Your becoming a hoarder chilli. Welcome to the club,there is no cure,unless you run out of money! That's why I buy the cheap,obscure stuff,something different,keeps me interested and out of trouble!

Now show us all how many A.R.M.'s you have!!!!!!!!!... and you call me a hoarder.

Cheers

M

Ironic eh,sold my real one but yep,you got me chilli,I do have about 40 ARM,sad isn't it.I should sell them and buy a 'real' one but I like them and I buy what I like. I must have about 30 TTT space captains and south pole explorers.I got 9 boxes of stuff in my living room to find a home for,4 cabinets and 2 cupboards full.A house full of junk my wife would say.I wish I could just buy one of something! Not a chance! Oh,and the garage,and the loft.

Your wife does not know how lucky she is, if you swing back to originals she will be sleeping in a tent!!!!

I am just lucky with the collecting as I have more time than cash, more time to dig out bargains. 3 of the rangers were $500 or a lot less.

cheers

Chilli

I know. Daft really,money spent on repros I could have bought 1,2,3 or more originals and I would have a lot more space.Like I say though, I like all robots,virtually,repro or not.Original is always better of course.I think I would be worried to leave the house if mine were all originals.I do have some of course but my first collections started back in 1989 were nearly all originals as there were hardly any repros around.Now it's the opposite but I still have many robots etc to look at and play with but without the worry,not to mention that I was always in debt to Brian but those were good days,exciting days hunting for robots and Brian always had robots for me.It's a shame that I sold up twice but many I had then I would not buy now,unless too cheap to refuse.I am buying other things I never had before,cheaper the better as I still have 3 kids at home,and they all hate the robots!! No interest at all except for what they may get for'em when I pop my clogs.I think they are in for a big disappointment!

Mind you,if my lottery numbers come good,I may spend a good bit on the old robots!

Our postman shows up on our doorstep today with a great surprize from Joe Morabito of Main Street Toys, this wonderfully large poster of Robby and Altaira. Love it!! :wub:

Thank you Joe for unmatched service year after year...and a wonderful contribution to the 'robot room', very much appreciated and surprized us bigtime!!! :cheers:

I'd like to mention that the wonderful artist's name of this great Robby poster is Angela Morabito, daughter of Joe, Main St. Toys.

Thank you both for a most amazing addition to the robot room. A great surprize it was for sure.

post-298-0-81351600-1419974910_thumb.jpg

John, you did say, "So What Did Santa Bring You ?"
No vintageTOYs this year, but Santa did bring me this... :eeek:

It is "Made in Japan", if that counts...

post-6-0-36765800-1419983959_thumb.jpg

Archived