So What Did Santa Bring You ?

robothut

Here are the space toys under my the tree this year. Admittedly I played Santa on the Planet Jet (yes one of the Mexican examples, more on it later).

David - I LOVE hearing that your Mr. Atomic has made his way home after years of adventures as a guest in some of the best collections in the world. That has been and will continue to be a very appreciated robot! Think about it - he was originally bought not just by a kid who may have had one or two robot toys, but came home from the store straight into one of the few existing (possibly the only) toy robot collections at the time and spent the rest of his life in the hands of the top, most passionate toy robot collectors, now to come full circle home to you. It's a great story!

I know we throw around the term congratulations freely around here but in this case I mean it sincerely.

post-143-0-47546300-1419704282_thumb.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roboto,your the man re Space Evil robots.Can you tell me re the one I have how many were made in this colour with red eyes? Thanks.

This version was done for Bliking by MH at the time and the Metallic Light blue came in 2 versions one with Chrome eyes and the rare version in Red eyes. The Blue version had 25 makes with Chrome eyes and 25 makes with Red eyes however MH may have done a few extra in the Chrome eyes and the Red eye version was the one to look for. All of the Metallic Light blue versions came with a stamped certificate with the serial number below the Bliking logo like mine has which is 034. This is a very rare color to have in the Metallic finish. :biggrin:

post-856-0-71939000-1419706766_thumb.jpg

post-856-0-52992500-1419706822_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Fineas, It's fun to have an old friend back.

Mostly, I didn't know where my robots went, but the week after I sold them, a fellow called to buy a robot I made (I had an article in New York Magazine about my wooden toys). He had ended up with three or four. He became and still is a good friend. He also happened to know about where my Mr. Atomic went or I'd likely be wondering to this day. I've always felt happy that I know that some of them are with this friend. He's got my Laser 8, Chief Robot Man, and Cragstan Talking robot.

I still wonder about the others. A few I didn't think that much of at the time, as they were a little newer, turned out to be the rarest - Golden Gear, High Bounce Moon Scout, That red Mars explorer with the big rubber wheels, chest machine gun and astro face that pops out behind the fly-eyes. I didn't sell everything. I still have about thirty or forty of my originals, more if you count the ones I don't much like!

I like your Space Ray Gun. It's a great example of a Western style ray gun. Every Space Cowboy needs one.

This version was done for Bliking by MH at the time and the Metallic Light blue came in 2 versions one with Chrome eyes and the rare version in Red eyes. The Blue version had 25 makes with Chrome eyes and 25 makes with Red eyes however MH may have done a few extra in the Chrome eyes and the Red eye version was the one to look for. All of the Metallic Light blue versions came with a stamped certificate with the serial number below the Bliking logo like mine has which is 034. This is a very rare color to have in the Metallic finish. :biggrin:

Thanks Roboto! Unfortunately I have no certificate with mine,I didn't know it should have one.It was approx $90 as was the t.v. robot,I thought that was not too much to pay for them.Added another (bad) photo,damn kindle.Your photos are so good Roboto,I must get the camera instead but then I need my son's laptop,not easy! The kindle is fast,but poor.

post-331-0-23960700-1419724547_thumb.jpg

Oh,it must be worth the original price at least without the certificate then? I had a feeling it was a good buy.It works just fine too.Thanks Roboto!

Our postman shows up on our doorstep today with a great surprize from Joe Morabito of Main Street Toys, this wonderfully large poster of Robby and Altaira. Love it!! :wub:

Thank you Joe for unmatched service year after year...and a wonderful contribution to the 'robot room', very much appreciated and surprized us bigtime!!! :cheers:

post-298-0-25729000-1419799771_thumb.jpg

Joe Morabito is great. I once ordered a flying saucer whistle on his website that he had to refund the money on it because it wasn't actually in stock. A couple of months later when he did get one in, he just sent it to me free of charge. Now that is dedication to service!

By the way I'm looking for a yellow one of these.

post-143-0-88004700-1419800794_thumb.jpg

I received this robot bank that makes electronic sounds when you put money in itattachicon.gifimage.jpg

These little banks are really neat on the shelves.

Empty him out once a year and buy yourself another robot for Christmas!!

No dog, but a 6 year old granddaughter. throwing stuffed toys. She broke a raygun.Later, she said to my wife, Grandma, you know why I don't like Christmas trees? I break ornaments. I assured her it was an accident. I asked her if she wanted to get some prizes out of the gumball machine. She was feeling better then.

We've got a poodle who throws stuffed toys, kills 'em dead over and over again, literally beats the stuffin' out of 'em. He's not allowed to bring them to the robot room.

Hi and a belated merry Christmas to all ; I haven't been here for awhile, I KNOW it's been long since I had to re-sign-in. Anyway, I loved seeing what all you guys and gals got and reading the great stories that go with them all. Me and UltrarobotSON had a few additions as well. This first photo is of UltrarobotSON'S Christmas...and the second photo is of my own new additions. First his..

post-1682-0-65923500-1419902589_thumb.jp

and these are mine, my fav being the Fighting Spaceman. I am very happy with him! He was bought as non-working and all I had to do was clean the battery contacts to get it going! The gun light did not light up at first, the helmet light was dim,and the motor began to whine after the first minute and that simply would NOT do.

I took it apart, re-soldered the gunlight wire back on it's terminal,cleaned the contacts for the dome light and allowed drops of teflon superoil to drain into each side of the motor, cleaned the exterior with Windex and all issues are gone. He really is like just from the factory (almost) along with a poor condition original box, but an original box nonetheless.Really nice to get such an old one going perfectly again! Wishing you ALL a very happy new year to come. Here are my addictions I'm sorry- my additions...

post-1682-0-22730400-1419903710_thumb.jp

And here is a closeup...

post-1682-0-95365700-1419904762_thumb.jp

Archived