Royal Blue Planet Robot Repaint?

MetalRobotHead

It's listed under "tin robot", I asked the seller about the apparent repaint.

His answer was that he didn't know if it had been repainted, and that's why he took good photos of the item. "He didn't know".....bull***t!

Strange shade of blue for sure, tabs painted too well. Usually there's some indication of bending the tabs, remote seems correct. The matching metallic blue remote goes with the rubber hand version.

The chrome work looks rough compared to the paint and you can see rust inside the robot.

I would say it was in quite a poor condition at one time.

I thought there was something odd about the moving antenna, the angle is wrong with no drive shaft going into the head, in the listing video it doesn't move and the light behind the visor does not revolve as it should. It looks like this robot is a wind up converted to battery op. although there is no keyhole in the side of the body which suggests it is a battery op body.

Having looked at the video again, possibly the rotating discs behind the bulb inside the head are working. Strange, still a poor repaint and bidding going higher.

post-214-0-83210900-1419081070_thumb.jpg

Not mentioned it before, the same seller ps showcase also listed an Alps Door robot that finished last night that had a different shade body at the front than it did at the rear and the legs. It almost looks like a repaint body at the front, or is just the lighting making it look a bit odd and to repaint a Door with all that litho would be a difficult job. Any ideas?

post-214-0-03065400-1419255385_thumb.jpg

Looks like fading from sun or flourescent lamps. That seller ususally has some interesting robots but quite often they have an oddity about them that would make me run rather quickly.

Archived