Sh Fighting Robot Later Version/plastic Robots In General

Googie

Hi Guys:

General Question: Is it correct to assume that plastic robots are glued together unlike the tabs of the all tin robots ? If so can you get in them to fix them >

Thanks

Chris S

The majority of plastic robots I have seen were screwed together - I am thinking mostly of the vintage Hong Kong or early American styles. There are definitely some that are glued though.

I have fixed plenty of plastic robots. Most of them are screwed together. Some parts are glued together, some parts are snapped together...some are combination snap and tab like Electric Robot. You have to pry the tabs on the bottom from the metal chassis and take off rubber rings off the shoulders to open his body up, but his head is glued shut, which is a problem I am facing right now. I opened one up and got it running, but the light bulb contact in the head is loose and I can't get the head open to put it back in place. But the Mr. Brain, Remco Lost in Space Robot and many others are screwed together.

I am working on the late Horikawa Fighting robot.. All Plastic except some metal for eyes and mouth. He has two orange barrels which come out of his chest. I am terrible with computers is the a way to attach pics like in emails to my post ?

More Reply Options at the bottom right of your reply screen...

Go to: Attach Files

Choose Files

Click on file on your PC (picture) you want to post. If it's too large a file I open it in 'paint' before trying to post here again and reduce a bit maybe by 30% ...then save then it should post alright to do the above. I'm terrible with computers too so maybe someone has a better way.

That's the way I do it. More reply options, click on the browse button to open up your files, select a file, click on it, click ATTACH FILE, and post the post. The pic should be included...unless it's too big, it will tell you.

Just trying to be helpful- the metal tabs as most know will usually give back and forth a few times before breaking but watch out for the plastic tabs. Some are thin and some are brittle from aging and usually will give for taking apart but be careful not to push them too far or they will crack and break :eeek:

Tell me about it. The saddest thing that happened to me was getting a great Zintar in the mail once, I went to open it to put batteries in it and the first thing I did was break off the little tab. I was so ticked off at myself and depressed at the same time.

Archived