Russell Tate And His Vintage Toy Robots

Joe K.

Yes great viedo and super guy......I had the pleasure of attending the Griff Auction with Russell along with Phillip DeGruchy, Keith Palmer and myself....We had never met except on the internet and we all agreed to share a hotel room in NYC....I was the last to arrive after catching the red eye and they played a practical joke on me right away....We hit it off great and it was one of the best weeks of my robot and sapce toy career....On a funny note Russell and Phillip.....both from Australia had never ridden the subway before in NYC....All they had to go on were the movies they saw where people get beat up and shot on the subway....There eyes were wide open....ha ha ...cheers Mark/nasa

Hard to believe it was 14 years ago on Dec 9, 2000 ;o)

post-38-0-33427900-1418325247.jpg

post-38-0-04726300-1418400498_thumb.jpg

Great video and what a fantastic guy! Everything Russel tells us is ... just the truth.

So great Story, that you met for the first time at the Griffs auction, just wonderful - you will never Forget!

Robot collectors are maybe somewhat crazy ... but always the best guys you can met! :wub:

Thanks Dirk for the 'crazy' part, I loathe the day when I'll have to adapt to the 'norm' not feeling guilty about buying food and clothes with robot money. We all keep each other going that's for sure! Great video. Great 'bots. Great friends! :cheers::eusa_clap:

Russell asked me to post his reply for him and also his latest viedo.....enjoy!

Thanks guys, I loved attending that Wonderful Robot auction with my wonderful American friends and their amazing underground train system. All the other collectors were very nice and I didn't mugged once that day.

I have another Robot Video that was made by a rival Aussie TV station (who basically copied what the first one's did)
So it's me again, with Robots, only looking a bit older

http://vimeo.com/80047469

Another great segment for Russell. This one relay shows that different robot collectors like different things. Russel does not like PISTON ROBOT but does like ULtra man. I love PISTON ROBOT and would not buy the ultra man robot he bought at auction at any price. Different strokes for different folks. Great job. Thanks for posting.

Cool clips! Good to hear from Russell again! If I remember correctly he used Ultraman Leo as his avatar. So many Alphadromers from back in the day have just gone missing......

Wonderful interview Russell !!!

The best interveiws are the ones that you don't see or hear the interveiwer.

These are the things that keep the hobby alive and bring new collectors in.

Well done... :thumbs:

Archived