Happy Thanksgiving Everybody

kennetzel

I want to wish all Alphadromers a very happy Thanksgiving. One thing I am thankful for are the friends I made here either just on line or at Botstock. We have a great group of guys and gals here. May our friendships go on forever as we celebrate this gracious day. God bless you all.

Ken Netzel

Thank you Ken. I could quote the same as you. As for us, we stuffed ourselves with *Altaira's incredible turkey a few weeks back.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

We dont celibrate happy thanksgiving in sweden, but i was curious what it is so i searched internet about it and i came across what you call "black friday". I saw some really crazy videos whit people fighting over some cheap gods. You americans are really crazy (: hehe

Thanksgiving is nothing about Black Friday. It just so happens the Friday after Thanksgiving is the first shopping day till Christmas as far as the store are concerned. The holiday itself is a day Abe Lincoln set aside for us to give thanks every year for all we have been given starting with the first Thanksgiving held between the Pilgrims and the Native Americans...celebrating how they worked together to survive a harsh winter and a bountiful growing season. I guess the Pilgrims gave thanks for their blessings which included the natives who helped them get by and taught them how to survive the weather and things. It's technically a religious holiday because we are supposed to thank God for our blessings but it tends to run pretty generic here.

Archived