Atom Boy Database

Brian..

My knowledge of the Japanese superhero toys is severely limited, so I'm grateful to Gilbert for providing me with the information, identification and images of these anime characters

He's started work on the Atom Boy/ Mighty Atom/ Tetsuwan Atom category and I'm adding it to the database as quickly as I can. There are plenty more items to add but see the progress here:

MIGHTY ATOM DATABASE

(These links always work better when using Chrome. If you're using Internet Explorer the thumbnails won't take you to the full record. Sorry - that's the way it is.)

Brian & Gilbert, this is a great idea! Astroboy is one of my favorite characters. Now, I realize that you are concentrating on the tin toys, however, there were tons of related plastic and vinyl pieces produced over the last 60 years; did you want to include any of those?

Brady, I could include vintage vinyl and plastic pieces - perhaps a cut off date in, say, the 80s? The amount of modern stuff makes a comprehensive approach too daunting. There are already a few of these items in the database.

Thanks a lot GIlbert and Brian ! Astroboy is definitely one of the most "humane" robots of all times... It is really nice to see Tezuka's work come to life through these toys.

Yes Astro Boy Items have always been great to see. Osaka has discontinued there new productions with the end of the contract from December 2013 and they have no plans for future sales of the Astro Boy. This will be a great place to see many Items as it grows. Here is a photo that I had never seen before. :biggrin:

post-856-0-44185300-1416614039.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived