Small Scale Gilmark Style Space Cars

Brian..

I'm familiar with the wonderful Gilmark space cars, and with the English and Australian copies. I was pleasantly surprised to find this shop stock group of half-size hard plastic variations. They have none of the additional motor/engine attachments of the originals and the set seems to consist of just four types in brown, blue, white and yellow plastic. They have simple rolling wheels on axels. The plastic is so thin and brittle that they would probably disintegrate in a general box of toys. I've included full-size versions to show the scale.

Lester hadn't seen them before (always a good sign - he's been collecting for fifty years) and suggested Christmas cracker origin. The fact that they're shop stock makes me think that they were sold some other way.

IMG_20141117_103632.jpg

Yes, Bill, these are now in my cave . I'm trying to find out the history from the seller. I'd love to be able to pin down these little buggers. Does anyone recognise them?

Good call, Bill. They're the odd ones out and I can't find a Gilmark original. It looks as though they've reworked the middle row ones by moving the fenders (mudguards|) forward and spreading the wings.

• 6 years later...