400 % Sure I've Never Seen This One

Ultrarobotman

I spotted this one earlier today up for auction and I believe it has ended. It just blew my mind looking at it. I guess the old saying is true;" just when you think you have seen it all" - anyone ever see one of these before? I certainly have not and I don't understand the 400% or the reference to tofu on the robot's belly. Obviously this was a marketing tool for a food chain or restaurant. May very well be the strangest robot with box I have ever seen to date. Unless we cannot consider this to be a robot?

post-1682-0-20260400-1416185735_thumb.jp

Ultrarobotman...ok, where do I begin?

Bearbricks were originally a trading figure series out of Japan. The average figure is only about 2 inches tall. Various artists use these as a design platform, allowing the common collector to get an art item from a renown artist, without paying gallery prices. The number refers to the size duplication, so, obviously a 400% is 400 times larger in scale than the normal 2 inch figure, there are also 100% & 200 % figures. The name Kaws (and yes, that's how it is spelled) refers to a particular artist, not the complete line. As for the Tofu tie-in, Tofu was a vinyl/anime character and figures of this square fellow can be had from popular vinyl shops. This is a crossover piece, the Evil Robot Bearbrick, a long time popular design, has now been combined with the quirky Tofu character to reboot both franchises. I hope this explained a few things for those non-vinyl collectors in our audience.

Cool stuff, guys.Thanks for the help.It explains the whole thing a lot better.I have started searching Ebay using different key words than I have all along and new and never seen before things are popping up for me but that bear was weird.If it took some D batteries I just might have it here at my place now!

Archived