Alpia Flying Saucer

Fineas J. Whoopie

I thought I'd post this here for posterity and maybe Brian can add it to the database. I have never seen it before and would have bid hard back in the day when I could afford to, but unfortunately I'm out of the race these days. Went to someone else for about $280. According to the seller it was made in Italy in the sixties by a company called Alpia. 7 inches in diameter. Friction drive. Cool piece!

post-143-0-68805100-1416172469_thumb.jpg

post-143-0-93037900-1416172481_thumb.jpg

You have seen it before, gents - or at least part of it. It's basically the same spaceship that forms the body of the Master Flying space gun by Geyper.

I think the gun is earlier because the larger dome fits the platform better than the smaller dome on the saucer.

post-1842-0-81909100-1373446722.jpg

Agreed, not identical, Alessandro. I pointed out the larger dome and the fact that it's a space gun. But one is clearly based on the other. Even down to the 23 fins, 12 windows and the star on the pink tinted dome. It has been simplified by removing the six separate contents of the dome and replacing them with one piece.

It's Geyper credentials are better than its Alpia ones. :biggrin:

Holy crap that is a cool toy! I missed the original thread about the Geyper gun -I'm so glad you brought it back up Brian. I'm kind of over the Italian saucer, but man I'm in love with the Geyper saucer gun!! Particularly when it's complete with the props. Outstanding!

And the variation you found Tjohejsan is very cool as well! Nice find!

post-143-0-25528400-1416266118_thumb.jpg

Archived