What Is This ? X-63 ?

SH MIKE

The original metallic blue paint has been covered in a thick coat of silver. Just looks like a toy that has been well and truly played with.

Not a single indication for a prototype, everything points to a homemade makeover. When my robots where part of a commercial last year, the crew did the same to some of my robots. With two wires in the battery compartment, you have a simple "remote control". With three strands you can move the legs and light up his eyes separately.... The name of this childs hero is - X-63...

"Not a single indication for a prototype, everything points to a homemade makeover"

I disagree. The fact that it came from a warehouse and the english letter X makes me think

It could be some kind of reword of a Zoomer. Maybe it was the prototype for the Musical Drummer Robot

That had 2 wires but it did to 2 things. Don't just dismiss it as a childs toy. X - 63 could be a clue to the year

it was made. When did the Radar Robot come out ?

It seems to me that if Nomura were thinking of creating a new robot based on the Zoomer (or any robot for that matter) then the prototype would test some new action or maybe a hand painted test of a new litho detail they were considering. The only questions this toy would address are "can we make this a remote control toy?" and "can we do this toy in silver?" Questions they would already know the answer to and not need a prototype to research. IMHO of course.

Archived