Probably The Most Rare Spacetoy?

tjohejsan

Just to add that the seller of the flying space saucer is one of the straightest honest helpful sellers of robots I have the pleasure of knowing.

I hope he gets his price.

Cheers

Chilli

Chili - me too! And just for the record I am not saying there is anything dishonest in making a sale off of ebay. I personally would be making much more sales if it weren't for the fact that I have to factor in that as much as 15% of any realized price will be lost to ebay and paypal. A lot of times that extra 15% in the price can be the difference between a sale and no sale. I root for honest sellers who get all of the money coming to them and buyers who get a better deal when the middle man fees are cut out. I'll probably get some heat for saying so and end up regretting posting this but there it is.

Your right Fin,,, Far to expensive. I've been saying for years, the seller should pay the sale coms and the buyer should pay the paypal fees,,, far fairer. The coms on postage these days are disgusting.

I agree Funk! When ebay started charging the seller a final value fee based on the shipping cost I was dumbstruck and outraged. As if the seller was the shipping carrier!?! They aren't worried. Being right is not their business model - raking in fee after fee is! And they get away with it because the market continues to bear this unbelievable abuse. In my book they are right up there with Monsanto as candidates for the "Dr. Evil award" for the worlds biggest corporate villains!!

I now step down from my soapbox and return this thread to the subject of rare space toys...... :biggrin:

ebay charging fees on postage is bad.

however, here in singapore (singapore being the most expensive country in the world), if you rent a shop space in a mall, the rental is not only extortionate, but the landlord also takes a percentage of your takings! i think it's 7%.

to add insult to injury, your books then have to be audited through the mall's assigned auditors, to which they will charge you $3000 per annum for this privilege.

wonderful isn't it?

Archived