Tele Coligon The Time Traveler

Andyman

Here's something that Darryl would appreciate. Tele Coligon (named after his lens ring) is my latest time traveling Andybot.

Tele_Coligon_8_sm.jpgTele_Coligon_11_sm.jpg

This past summer I was privy to a friend's house cleaning of his father's house. His late father was a hoarder of stereos, reel to reels, tape decks and other electronics. He also hoarded vinyl records, books, baseball cards and everything else. Unfortunately, no robot toys. Anyway, I was able to acquire loads of electronic stuff to scrap out. One of the pieces was a quadraphonic stereo receiver. Basically a stereo system with four channels as opposed to two (remember when that was the rage back in the 70s?). So in tearing this puppy apart I came upon the joy stick control for balancing the four speakers. I turned it around as was mesmerized by the gyroscopic action that controlled the four potentiometers. I immediately knew this was going into a robot's chest. The trick was making it all functional. In the process I kept thinking the actions reminded me of some kind of time/space warp generator, so I added a vintage reel to reel tape counter to keep track of the years traveled. Thus, Tele Coligon The Time Traveler was born.

Tele_Coligon_chest.jpg

This video demonstrates his actions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EdAucDOefw

Tele_Coligon_box_art_sm.jpg

He is currently reserved for a trip down under. Enjoy!

I think I remember this guy on July 10th 1970 at approximately 1430:32 hours, but just for a second or two.

Ha ha ha! You win the internet today! :biggrin:

Archived