Caution - Smoking Spaceman Auction

Brian..

A heads up on a suspicious Smoking Spaceman. Spies tell me that its a fake box and probably a Chinese robot. The tell-tale back isn't shown.

In addition, just look at the postage charge. :eeek:

It cracks me up when a scammer tries to convince us that a repro is original by beating it all to hell. I wouldn't want this robot even if was real!

post-143-0-00988100-1412295092_thumb.jpg

A heads up on a suspicious Smoking Spaceman. Spies tell me that its a fake box and probably a Chinese robot. The tell-tale back isn't shown.

In addition, just look at the postage charge. :eeek:

What's with the $1,000 shipping to UK and Canada...but $20 to the U.S.? Brian we're on the bad end of the stick here. :diablo:

In this case, Morbius, the $1000 just tipped the balance against buying that deceitful piece of cr..., sorry, artistically aged reproduction.

I sent the seller a message asking him to add photos of the trade mark etc on the robot in the listing and mentioned that he surely must have made a mistake re the postage cost!

Had no reply as of yet!

Had the following reply..seems we won't be getting any more photos!

Hello, Thank you for having indicated me the error for forwarding charges,I rectified,concerns it it the robot I found it in a book published by a collector where it is indicated that it was made in Japan and the photo we do not see trade name Regards.

SMOKING ROBOT WITH BOX JAPAN 1950.

The Ha Ha mark proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that these are reproductions made within the last ten years in China.

Hmm, this thread seems to have had a few posts deleted.......

Archived