Robot Coffee Table?

The Toyman

I spotted this retro fish tank / coffee table in a junk shop and saw the potential at once. You can have "The Robot Of The Day" as the top just lifts off, I'm thinking of spraying the legs a different colour...maybe red?

Noel

post-648-0-45767700-1411446986_thumb.jpg

post-648-0-17848700-1411446994_thumb.jpg

Excellent idea, funny how these thing pop into our heads. And yes it would be perfect for our "robot of the week" here at our house; like the redheads too :biggrin:

Hey, glad you all like it ( you have impeccable taste, just like me :biggrin: )

I'm thinking RED it is then for the legs...but first I must get on with fixing up that rare saucer I got a few weeks back! :dirtdog:

post-648-0-95053400-1411573315_thumb.jpg

Hey, glad you all like it ( you have impeccable taste, just like me :biggrin: )

I'm thinking RED it is then for the legs...but first I must get on with fixing up that rare saucer I got a few weeks back! :dirtdog:

YES , I would like to see

the result , post pictures please .

Back to the robot table, how much better would it be to tether a robot that runs off a remote like an a robby pug, make a small rolling road out of two small rollers and a loop of material and then via a movement sensor have him start walking/piston pumping as you sat down to have your beer.

Kind of reminds me of a bar I drank at in Cambodia, where you sit at your table for a beer, then looking up at you through the table glass is a damn live poisonous snake. Yea, dare you to reach for those peanuts now!!!!

post-1849-0-00940600-1411680636_thumb.pn

cheers

Chilli

Very cool table Toyman !!!

For the longest time I was looking for a round glass table

with a flying saucer vibe. Not being able to find anything,

I made this one out of plywood and some vintage parts.

Now that I've seen what you did with yours, I may have to

display some little Robots under the glass... :woohoo:

post-6-0-54595200-1412305497_thumb.jpg

Archived