Jaw's Alphabot Project

robothut

John, Is the wrinkle paint from a spray can? If so who makes it? I've been looking for this finish for a while but all I find locally is a sand finish or hammered.

Yes spray can, I know what you mean I looked all over for it, I did not want to buy it on line and pay more for shipping than the paint was worth. Krylon used to make and sell it but no more. So what I found is that right now it is HOT with the custom car guys they use it on engine parts, so go to a automotive parts store they will have it, also if you have a farm supply store they might have it as well. As with all wrinkle finnish paints you have to bake it at about 100 degrees or have a very hot day, also the cure time for the paint to stop smelling "odd like all wrinkle finnish paints" is about 1 month, or less if you bake it longer.

Absolutely superb work as always John, place of honour in Laurie's (wife of Morbius) collection. Yes, you've started something. First the salt and pepper shakers on the mantle...then she saw your JAWS alphabot in action and she had to have one. :wub:

Thank you very much for the beautiful addition, you know how much we all appreciate your works of art/science on our shelves. :cheers:

post-298-0-97589500-1412874031_thumb.jpg

Archived