Lily Maq Robot

Shakey

Hello. My name is Ric I've never posted here due to my relative newness to my newfound disease! I really enjoy all the entries & comments with the plethora of knowledge you all have! If I may without wasting anyone's time ask a question. I'm looking for some guidance. I recently bought a Lily MAQ robot on ebay and it turned out to not be as advertised. I figured it would have some issues but not this bad. Unfortunately, it's beyond my scope of repair.

The plastic wheel housing is cracked- even though it runs the on off switch isn't working. I also noticed upon taking him apart I did get the record player to spin but I just can't seam to wrap my pea brain around how it's supposed to work. I did notice that it wasn't put back together right. Not NOS screws. Anyway, to make a long story short- I got almost downright depressed about it. So, which leads me here to see if anyone knows of a skilled technician to help me out. Through these pages I've read that The notorious "Bart Zenegger" is the bomb on these guys. I don't know if he's still around or anyone knows him to reach out to?

Thanks for your time and any and all help would be appreciated.

Keep the shiny side up! With regards Ric @dartsleeper@gmail.com

Welcome Shakey to Alphadrome.

We haven't heard from "Bart" for a long, long time but he still could be lurking. Yes he's restored many fine rare robots over the years and is very skilled at what he does. There are some incredible technicians on here (I'm not in the least)...and I'm sure someone will chime in with a remedy and pics to help you out. There really are no silly questions here and there's always someone to help out regarding the innards of these space toys. There's always something else to learn here every day.

Mike

Thanks for your considerate reply Mike. I really appreciate it. I hope Bart sees this, or someone with such skill sets that this thing requires.

-regards Ric

You're very welcome Shakey, Here on Alphadrome I know one particular inventor/creator/electrical engineer/propmaker with extraordinary powers beyond the scope of mortal folks. :hail: And many others that are also well qualified. :lecture:

Thanks John, yeah I've sunken deep into that thread and the pictures only show the bottom half. I need to see the insides of the voice box with the record. His pics look so mint clean and nice. What I see is a rats nest in mine! Hahaha-- ( not really laughing) oh well. Thanks for reaching out to me!

Archived