Sporadic Cycling

Ultrarobotman

I myself have not been visiting Alphadrome much lately, and in catching up today, I have read some people are bored with E-bay due to not finding exactly what they are looking for or those scarce items we all wait for patiently. This topic has been brought up before many times before in different ways. I was brushing it off until I read about the same feeling about Alphadrome. And, yes, I also noticed a noticeable drop in posts on this site. While not being a long-time member to either E-bay or here, I certainly have noted that things seem to run in cycles. I have seen particular robots and space toys being listed abundantly for a while and then not a trace for a long time. Strange, yes. I sometimes think that on a larger scale we see items listed by young people who have in one way or another inherited their parents or grandparents home containing items of interest (like in the attic, etc)which in itself represents a cycle or re-cycle of toys. I personally know a man who has an elderly aunt that has old tin toys in her attic. Trying not to get gory, when we die, either our family members get the toys to keep or sell. Most sell. I hope I am there when they do! As for being bored on Alphadrome, well, my guess is you are not looking around enough. Sometimes I can get lost for hours in all the data stored here and if that isn't enough, perhaps with all of today's technology we can add some new things to this great site to keep it going stronger than ever. Bring new ideas up. Make it happen. Anyway, the point is that I see thing always go in cycles. Robots, toys, ideas,whatever. Things come and go but always seem to come back. So no worries, E-bay and Alphadrome will continue to go on......

Hi Ultra,

at first l thought you were going to write about riding a bicycle after a few beers!

As l have only been a member for just over a year l originally missed this article on the Roboter 700. Well worth a read if you like dectective stories

cheers

Chilli

Hi Ultra,

at first l thought you were going to write about riding a bicycle after a few beers!

As l have only been a member for just over a year l originally missed this article on the Roboter 700. Well worth a read if you like dectective stories

cheers

Chilli

No, Chilli however, I have already bicycled after a few !!

I myself have not been visiting Alphadrome much lately, and in catching up today, I have read some people are bored with E-bay ...I certainly have noted that things seem to run in cycles....

It´s only the summer, this silly season. In Germany we call it "Sommerloch" (summer hole). It´s the time there not much happened, but only a few bush-leagued polticans came up with silly ideas which spread in all news.

Archived