2004 Mr. Machine

kennetzel

Here is my latest pick up...the 2004 Mr. Machine. I have been looking for one for a while. I have both original versions, but the 1960 one I have is old and rickety and does not work very well at all. But I wanted all three versions and finally got them. I like the little display box the new one comes with...looks neater on the shelf.

post-125-0-06082300-1409940042_thumb.jpg

Yes, the 1960s version can be finicky. How well does the 2004 run? It appears very close to the original. Any design differences worth noting? Thanks

At a glance, I don't see any differences. ALl I know is it says in the booklet that came with it that all original molds were used "where possible." So I am sure there are new things in him, whether they were modified or not, who knows.

Thanks Joe for sending me there. I didn't know all that. Funny thing though, I have an original 1960, and there is no label on the bell. It doesn't even look like there was one on there...it's clean and no sign of sticker residue. Aside from some warping and some paint spilled on it, my original is in pretty decent shape and still runs, though the on off switch doesn't work. I read somewhere that original molds were used where possible. So how much of this is the original molds and how much is a repop I wonder. ANyway, the DVD sounds just like the one that came with Robert aside from some order differences. Mine didn't come with the DVD, but from the description you mentioned, all that stuff is on the Robert one. Thanks again for the link.

That bell label was simply a circular piece of heavy gauge paper that was held in place by the square bell nut. There was no adhesive involved.

The rectangular label on the rear was attached with some sort of glue.

Archived