Is There Anything To Talk About Besides Ebay ? ? ?

SH MIKE

Good point. Lets see Metal House relocated and moved there machines to another location yet they have begun to make newer robots with there parts I wonder if MH has taken some of there stamp machines back out of the museum and started pressing tin again. What is up with Osaka and the Astro boy it seems there licence has expired and they will no longer be making new ones they will continue to sell what they have until there stock runs out. Now that MH has joined with Osaka and Osaka has not made any new bots should we now call them MOH instead of MH. :biggrin:

post-856-0-75067500-1409786901_thumb.jpg

post-856-0-76721100-1409786928_thumb.jpg

post-856-0-09367200-1409786950_thumb.jpg

post-856-0-99969200-1409787139.jpg

post-856-0-35363100-1409787159_thumb.jpg

post-856-0-39653300-1409787181_thumb.jpg

I agree. Ebay has been pretty boring as of late. Yahoo Japan on the other hand has provided some interesting new finds lately.

Or do you mean Alphadrome has been boring? It's up to the users to provide the content so step on up my friend!

Well, at one time there were hundreds of collecting options...antique shows, listings in magazines, even garage sales. Unfortunately, with the advent of the internet, and eBay in particular, most folks now put these finds online. The shows have mostly gone away, at least in my area, and antique shops don't carry a big toy stock. It's getting tougher to find good stuff "in the wild" any more. :blub::frustrate:

Mike - you can help Alphadrome from being so boring if, the next time you run into all these toy robots out in the real world, you post some pics. We would appreciate it! In my area we have one collectibles show and I try to post any interesting robot or space toy finds when they do pop up. But for me at least they are few and far between. I have cleaned out the local antiques shops long ago.

Roboto,

In the last photo of the MH new digs, what is in the clear suit case with the black handle? If it's what I think it is I WANT ONE!

Here is more information on the Blaster. The price tag around $2,000.00 :biggrin:

Just 50 Limited Edition Made 11" full scale with lights and sound. Resin body,lathe processed acrylic lens with brass. Comes with designed aluminium case.

Sci-Fi Metropolis will be making blasters in the near future at a fraction of that cost. I found one that looks identical to the Osaka version for a hundred bucks. They are around

Archived