Bronze Robot

Interesting. The description dates this piece to 1974 and offers the stamp on the bottom plate as proof. I find it hard to believe this design would precede the release of Star Wars in 1977. The bottom plate looks to me to be from a different bank. It appears the plug doesn't even fit correctly.

post-143-0-21425600-1409459270_thumb.jpg

post-143-0-99645700-1409459307_thumb.jpg

I have three of these (one of them also contains a music box which plays "It's A Small World"). The other two have the same trap plate but without the name and date. The "force fit" trap is correct, Don. I suspect the dated plate was switched from another of the hundreds of other Bathrico banks that were made. The four mounting screws don't match.

This web site leads me to believe that they are now being manufactured by a company called Cutting Edge Industries:

http://banthrico.net/

I have one (or two) of these also, as pictured above, with the same Banthrico name plate. Bought one of them in Illinois for $3.00, & it had $4.78 in it because no one could figure out how to open it.

Archived