Recognize This Robot Pin?

Joe K.

I found this one inch tall lapel pin a few weeks ago. Anyone know what it is?

Does the "QE" refer to Queen Elizabeth? Might it have something to do with the Medical Clinic?

post-16-0-75623700-1409341673.jpg

In researching the yet-to-be identified "QE" mascot, I came across this one:

post-16-0-51463200-1410393010_thumb.jpg

I've covered over the three letters on his chest to make his identification more of a challenge.

So, who is this guy?

Hm, I think I smell a clue in Joe's last post..... something to do with bowling perhaps?

While we are on the subject of pins, I snagged this out of an antique mall yesterday. When it's folded it measures about three inches square. I've seen the pins before, in fact I already had a loose pin but I had never seen this card. I'm a sucker for anything from the fifties with an atomic symbol so I was taken by the graphics. I thought I got a great deal because my suspicion was that a carded example would be fairly valuable but when I got it home and did a completed items search on ebay I found that I paid about what they go for (they are available and go for around $15). Still - a cool piece!

post-143-0-81308700-1410547459_thumb.jpg

post-143-0-98292700-1410547468_thumb.jpg

Good get, Don. Congrats!

You could've bowled me over with a feather when I picked up this tie clip this morning at one of the antique shops along the Antique Strip here in Adamstown:

post-16-0-82361500-1410592030_thumb.jpg

Must be kinda rare, as I could find no google/ebay images of it.

(Don - Brian's post is even a better clue.)

• Brian.. changed the title to Recognize This Robot Pin?

Archived