Mechanized Robot?

Alessandro

Marvellous looking Mechanized there and even more beautiful (what looks like) original box, note the larger yellow area at the bottom of the Robby pic, much larger than on the front of the repro box and Robby is thinner not squished down as on the repop.

My issue may be with BANK TRANSFER if you win the auction. I don't believe you'd have any recourse if this item doesn't show up at your door as you would with PayPal/e-bay combination. If you don't get the robot and they have your money you could be out of luck.

It may all be legit but as always buyer beware, it's always good to know your seller. As Alphadromers, over time we've come to know some of our friends here on e-bay as well, then there are the great dealers under the links section many of whom I've dealt with.

Thanks but I'm not interested in robots. Just curious, because I read here that there are "strange" hong kong sellers... This robot is in Hong Kong, not Italy, and the guy has only 9 feedbacks...

It's frustrating, I don't have a Mechanized and prices are all over the place.

If I don't bid they go for a few hundred...

if I DO bid, they go into the thousands~!!!

:frustrate:

Noel

They're generally around $600 for a decent lightly played with robot to $3500 for MIMB unused old store stock, the unused ones can still bring massive dollars. There are many Mechanized out there but they seem to come up in bunches as they've done for the last 20 years since the repro appeared, it's not a rare robot but always in demand. Bargains can be found under an obscure listing from an antique shop that's not familiar with toys or selling contents of someone's childhood home but it could be iffy about what you're getting not knowing if it's been opened up or not.

There are members here who have scored beautiful ones for a couple hundred $. My Mechanized has some tarnishing of the bright parts but I don't believe it affects the value nor would a dome with a few small fizures or slight clouding from age, if the dome is too good it's likely new. These things add character to the toy as my matt finish version. I personally prefer it to the wet-shine glossy ones. Remember the early ones have knurled knobs on the battery doors, later ones the wing.

We all think 'I would have paid $100 more than that' but as soon as you put in your bid, someone would have jumped on it then it climbs. At some point it will end up on your shelf Toyman, watch for the next bunch to show up. Until the repro came out (1991??) they were difficult to find but suddenly they all came out of the closet! :rolling:

Thanks for the info Morbius and you're absolutely right, they seem to come in batches. I'd be happy with a nice clean unboxed version, and thanks for the info on the early versions with the knurled knobs on the battery doors. I quite often have a look in the non robot listings in case ( as you say) an antique dealer has one listed. I'll get one sooner or later. I never thought I'd get a Nomura Batman robot, but now I have two!

Hey congrats on the Batman robots, they're much more difficult to find and generally worth more than the Mechanized, find someone who wants a Batman and has an extra Mechanized hanging around. A trade may be in order but in that case I'd hold out for a shiny boxed one if that were to transpire. :lecture::biggrin:

This is the 3rd time I have seen this photo. He sold it 2 weeks ago but I also saw it advertised before. I recognized the white torn bacKground. Maybe the sale fell through, that and flying pigs and all!!!

It is also odd it is only on ebay.it. I asked where the robot was being shipped from, if he could send any other photos and could he take paypal last time it was for sale. He replied that the "robot was made in Japan"and no paypal.

If anyone is interested just ask it to be photographed on todays paper.

good luck!!!

Archived