Z-1 Saucer And Cyclops Robot

kennetzel

I just picked these two up at auction this week...the Z-1 saucer and Cyclops Robot. I paid 10.50 for the saucer and 6.00 for the Cyclops, which is good because I just picked up a Ray Robot a few weeks ago for 30.00. But the saucer says on the box that it is rare in limited edition. Anyone know how rare? Just curious. But I haven't seen a Cyclops robot in box in a while. I'm assuming I did okay on this deal. Did I?

post-125-0-82655900-1407181072_thumb.jpg

Bill - you did great. The saucer is a cool toy and well worth the $10. I don't think it could be considered rare though.

If you do a search for Z-1 saucer on ebay two come up right now, one for $16 with free shipping. The other one listed is a head scratcher. The seller is starting the bidding at $200 with a buy it now of $500! This listing interestingly popped up since you started this thread asking about the rarity of this piece.

Also weird is that the auction is supposed to be for a loose saucer, but the seller provides a only a pic of the box. Strange. I would provide a link but I have provider issues keeping me from posting links anymore. Check it out - it's a hoot!

Congrats on the pickups!

Actually, that would be KEN Fineas...LOL...like it says in the avatar. And thanks for the encouraging words. I don't know why, but I tend to get buyers remorse after buying some of these things, being EBay, you never know who to trust. Like I said, I know I did okay on the robot, but wasn't sure on the saucer. But after seeing the one going for 500, I guess I did okay. Thanks again.

Doh! I knew that! I think I was looking at a post by Tinman before answering your post and got confused - sorry dude!

Nice additions Ken, that little Cyclops seems to pop up a little more now and it's an interesting item.

Just got another piece (made in Korea) today from e-bay, I have to admit I sometimes have that tiny bit of buyers' remorse when I discover it doesn't work with the usual stuff with some sellers such as this one... "it did work years ago and probably still does". They'll all end up as static art eventually. :ohmy: With a lot of this (non-Japan) stuff around the 40 year mark it's surprising they work at all.

With these cheaper ones it's fun to open it up and find out why is doesn't or if it ever will! All in the fun of the hobby. :lousyputer::frustrate:

Archived