Chein Space Rocket Ride

Fineas J. Whoopie

I've always been in love with the litho on this toy and even though it doesn't really fit into my collection I was able to get this example at a reasonable price (probably because of the mid grade condition). It's always nice to end up "hooking up" with a toy you've had a crush on for a long time. I think the litho on this toy is super sexy! It is very similar in style to the Superior Captain Video space port play set.

post-143-0-72725700-1407090708_thumb.jpg

post-143-0-85763900-1407090727_thumb.jpg

post-143-0-20994600-1407091041_thumb.jpg

post-143-0-12476400-1407091284_thumb.jpg

Fantastic addition Don! I'm really lovin' the lithos. Would like to see more photos please. -Steve

Very nice. I've picked up a couple of these myself lately, but they are the newer ones and not as fancy as this one. Excellent litho work on them.

Agreed Fin, the spaceman litho is awesome; I had totally disregarded this toy till now, thanks for adding it to my want list!

How rare is this toy?

Bill - I don't think this is too rare of a toy, I have seen several for sale over the years and seem to remember them going for more in the $800 - $1,000 range. Often with it's box which is sort of plain compared to the toy. I think a lot of robot collectors let it pass because it is not a robot or a space vehicle in the traditional sense. Kind of like the space ports which are not that hard to find either but we rarely see them displayed with major space toy collections.

Great pick up Don! I too have always liked the litho on this toy. I think they made another version that has really lame artwork.

Archived