Nice Little Collection Of Robots At Tag Sale, Wow !

Robotnut

Here is a small collection of toys that almost ended up at a tag sale. I've been assisting someone who found these toys at the home of a deceased woman. He thought that they might be something special and decided to pull them from the sale. There's not a lot of info about how these toys ended up in such a place, but this is what is known. The lady recently passed away, at the age of 100, and had no children. She lived on Long Island and worked in Manhattan. The lady was very eccentric and collected all sorts of random stuff, most of it junk. I was told that she never threw ANYTHING out. I recommended that they search the house for the boxes for these toys. They have so far only found the box for the target game. I'm holding out hope that the Machine Man box will be found, neatly stuffed with old postcards... :diggin:

post-6-0-38623600-1407031704_thumb.jpg

post-6-0-75261500-1407031724_thumb.jpg

Wow - the old ladies with hidden toy treasures getting older as the toys getting rarer!

First I took a look at the Calender - no it is not April first! (remember Ozzies story!)

What comes next? This one is hard to top!

A 130 year old (Japanese) Granny with hand painted Shooting Giant Robot Prototype in her Attic?

Its nice to know that there can be more homes like this one that have nice vintage stored away and in time they will come out to be seen. :biggrin:

Archived