Recent Computer Attacks

Morbius

Anyone else being hit by weirdness on their PCs, wife of Morbius and I have been loosing our internet protection off and on all week. Got in touch with Kaspersky (the provider we've used for countless years) and after much conversation with a guy in India apparently working for KIS he offered to fix our network and restore all our PCs in the house. After he'd been into one PC for awhile he offered to repair them all for .....$499. When I refused he asked how much would we be willing to pay? I told him where to go and hung up on him. Sounds like a little extortion going on or is it just me? :scratchhead::frustrate:

We have been well so far with Nortons provider no weirdness yet. However Nortons keeps letting us know about the many attacks that have been coming and at what level. :biggrin:

Years ago we swore by Norton as well, all of us have a fave type of protection. In this case we had the sign-in codes etc and as we were talking to the company it seemed quite simple, we have the key, let us in again. Didn't see a need to peruse inside our PC's for an issue.

*Altaira got us through it all with another provider that her I.T. friends around the world use. She installed it and we're runnin' just fine, I have to remember she's not 10 anymore. Laurie and I will supply her PC's Mac's or whatever and in turn she's hired for I.T. :hail:

I hate to jinx the situation but I haven't experienced any problems. Sorry to hear of your troubles Mike.

We've been using Norton as our fool-proof provider for a few years.Heck, we've only HAD a computer for about 6 yrs or so. I bought a cheap brand one year and got tons of grief from the Mrs. We switched right back to Norton. I would suspect foul play in your system, Morbius. You should switch back to Norton.Are you aware your avatar has been showing up as this..

post-1682-0-87771200-1406861728_thumb.jp.

My sister-in-law's husband fell into the trap of giving the computer folks on the other end their bank card information as they thought the fix was cheaper than a new PC...and their bank account was cleaned out overnight. My nephew spent days trying to right the situation for them with the bank, it became quite the mess. I knew to say good-bye and hang up.

post-298-0-20265500-1406868467.jpg

Archived