Robot hut survives freak wind storm but I almost do not!

robothut

Yes if I was younger I would have turned this truck in to a space ship by now, just like I did with a VW buss back in the early 1970's , I think there are pictures some place on the drome of the Buss ship. But right now the wife needs a truck so she can go horse back riding, its about the only fun time she has and waits for summer just so she can go out ridding. So now shes screwed. I need a truck ASAP to keep her happy. I did get the bed off the truck and cut the top off the cab, now that was a lot of work for one old man working solo! I took the top of the cab so that I could get to all the things we had behind the seats, the seats could not be moved with the top of the cab crushed on them. I confirmed that the frame is bent on the passenger side right under where the cab bolts to the frame. Basically the tree pushed the cab down on to the top of the passenger seat, the seat pushed down on the floor of the cab and that pushed down on the truck frame. So the frame is not twisted just pushed down on the top of the frame area where the cab bolts on and this makes the frame stick up in the rear end and front end on the passenger side. A again if I was younger I would probably cut the frame a bit jack it up to remove the bend and weld some 1/4 inch steel on it then replace or mod the cab. Right now it's a open top cab and I like it , drives great! Such a waist only 54K miles on the parts and a man thats to old to have fun with it.

Well being that its 4 wheel drive and the largest gas motor they built "8.1L" maybe I can use it like a tractor to plow the fields.

post-7-0-33946100-1406903697_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-27367500-1406903719_thumb.jpg

John,,a frame shop can untweak that frame in about an hour. The front of the truck is undamaged. Get a cab and bed from a salvage yard. But then there is the wire loom...............................Oh the pain.

Archived