Robot hut survives freak wind storm but I almost do not!

robothut

Yesterday July 23 we had a freek wind storm blow through here. It came up in less than 12 seconds, when I noticed it was beginning to blow out side I graded the truck keys and headed for the door to look for the wife and dog and to move the truck and horse tailer away from the large trees on the property but just before I reached the truck I saw Pam dash in to the barn and the 200 foot tall tree next to truck start to go over. I could not here the wood cracking as the wind was so loud by that time "less than 12 seconds from when it started" any way I steped back to the house and watched the truck get flattened. The Hut only lost its Robothut Sign the 17 foot tall bot is still there and the building is fine. No power so I am running a generator for water and power to keep the freezer and fridge cold. Lots of clean up to do!

here is a you tube ,

http://youtu.be/a1REdZxSY7Q

Sorry to hear about this John, but seems like you all came out of this quite lucky in the end. The truck can be replaced much easier than the robots and the 'hut', someone/something was watching over you! You can put your 'farmer's helper' rickshaw fellow to work now.

So glad you and the family are OK.

As mentioned the important part is that you & the family are safe. Weird that something like that blows in unexpected. We usually get weather warning alerts on our phone not that you can do much anyway. I'm NOT a fan of trees around my house , I have a ton of Pines in my backyard I'd like to get rid of but the HOA makes it really difficult. Despite 3 or so of the neighbors that have rotten & fallen . It's one of the reasons I'm looking for some new diggs

Anyway Glad you guys are OK John !!

Sorry to hear about the damage John, but glad to hear that you and the family are ok. I'm sure your robots breathed a sigh of relief when the wind passed. Was it a microburst? Your state has not had a very good July. Hopefully August will be better.

Wow, sorry to see the damage done. Glad to hear everyone is OK. It seems like a lot of us are having wind damage this year. We had a bad storm in my area a few week ago. I escaped with minor damage.

No warning and just a few miles from me 44 homes were lost, no deaths ! Pam had just bought truck to pull her horse trailer, used with 52K miles being a 2001 there was no reason to cover it for this type of thing, or so we thought . now we are out $10K. can't replace that I am sorry to say. Here are some pictures of the truck now that it's out from under the tree. As you will see only the driver side is not crushed to the seat cushion, so I guess even if I had kept going and got in the truck I might still be alive since I would be on the driver side. I might be a shorter. I guess we will have to part it out and see how much money we make on that. Can they fix a bent frame?

post-7-0-82794000-1406258097_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-13211300-1406258137_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-57453400-1406258173_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the loss of the truck, but of course all that matters is you are all o.k. Oddly, just outside of my small town a funnel cloud was photographed on the same day,July 23.

Damn John ! That sucks. Glad you are both ok and the hut survived. We took a hit here too. Those are two 80 ft oaks pulled up by the roots.

post-545-0-10372700-1406609908_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-71441900-1406609932_thumb.jpg

John, you could use the truck as a prop. Build a huge Iron Giant type guy and pose his foot on the truck cab.

(In all seriousness we're all so glad you and the family are OK after this).

I was thinking the same thing, Mike.

post-16-0-68422400-1406657268_thumb.jpg

I don't mean to kid about your misfortune, John. I really am glad you and Pam survived unscathed.

Archived