Oddities from the vault

Brian..

There are a few items sitting in the database that have poor photos, limited information and which could do with a little attention. If you can shed light on any of these it would be helpful. A better picture would be ideal.

Here's one for starters: the Space Gold Star, a neat vehicle with retractable wings. Is that logo an M in a triangle? - Mitsuhashi? . I guess it's friction but this is all I have:

SOLVED - SEE BELOW

(Thanks, Dirk. That's the best view I've had of it.)

This seems rather obvious, but I can't find a robot to go in this Japanese box.

It has to be a robot with silver fly eyes, have a TV screen and a spaghetti antenna. The dinosaur robot doesn't fit the bill. it has red eyes.

SOLVED - SEE BELOW

Thanks to Gilbert for this line-up of robot Horikawa Space Explorers.

It looks as though the box (bottom left) is misleading and the robot inside is actually a red fly eye with a TV space scene (no dinosaurs).

We talked about this a few years ago but still nothing definite has been established. If it's a prototype then it's at an advanced stage.

I think this could be the daddy of all those Hungarian Holdautos. It looks like ATC but can anyone confirm this miserable sighting?

SOLVED - SEE BELOW

That clear fellow was at Jay Brotter's booth at the Allentown toy fair five or ten years ago. Is that the photo I posted? Maybe I mentioned where it was at the time. I'll bet Jay knows all about it. It seems to me it was a yonezawa model, but I could be remembering wrong. I believe E bought it, back then. I'm sorry E doesn't appear anymore. He knew a lot, even if he ruffled feathers.

Brian, that primitive is supposed to be the prototype of the Buck Rogers Mekkano that was never made. I'm making one when I have time to match the other Buck Rogers robot build I made. it probably will be closer to the card set Mekkano than the Britain figure.

post-221-0-87886200-1406245516_thumb.jpg

post-221-0-83868800-1406245758.jpg

Archived