Horikawa Piston Robot Factory Prototypes

target

That would be nice Joe, but the un-coloured clear styrene over large areas and shapes could be quite fragile. Anyone who has worked with plastic model kits and tried to mess with clear parts has run into this. Like with vinyl records the colouring apparently helps to strenghen it... I think because of the shape of the piston robots with their squared corners they've held up OK over time.

• 6 months later...

Here we have another type that was on Ebay this version came and went real fast with only 2 makes on this one. The eyes are different and the red hands are also with the claw area not open as the other version in this forum. :biggrin:

post-856-0-22900900-1423785320_thumb.jpg

post-856-0-74076600-1423785335_thumb.jpg

I picked up a Piston Robot at the last Botstock. Jay told me it was the rare one...the one with the black lithography. It looks sharp...I like it.

post-125-0-88719600-1423841532_thumb.jpg

Here we have another type that was on Ebay this version came and went real fast with only 2 makes on this one. The eyes are different and the red hands are also with the claw area not open as the other version in this forum. :biggrin:

I think this one is super-cool and sinister with those eyes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Another rare version up for sale!

Horikawa Piston Robot Brown Lithography. Vintage 1960's Japan 10" tall battery operated robot with mechanical walking action and lighted bouncing pistons.

pistonrobotbrownversion1_1024x1024.jpg