BotStock XII - Submitted for your consideration...

Joe K.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a great idea, I'm in!!! I think they'd appreciate the influx of dollars; perhaps we could also make a group donation.

Well... I've never been a fan of West VA. The three times I've visited have left me underwhelmed by the state. The museum in Wheeling isn't that bad, but I don't remember seeing any space stuff at all. Rumor has it one of my friends, a Wheeling local, will be setting up a display of Star Wars toys (he's a pretty well-known collector in that world, though these days he focuses mainly on SW bootlegs), but beyond that, I seem to remember it being mostly more general toys. Not a bad display of stuff, but not exactly what we all collect.

Don't know too much about the Marx museum, though I think Toymemories might have some experience with the place.

I'll go wherever the group wants to go, but bear in mind this fun little story: Last time I was there, I had to travel more than an hour -- and across the state line -- to find a hotel who's review didn't include the words "drugs," "prostitution," or "bedbugs." My favorite -- the reviewer for one place who mentioned the crazy guy who came crashing into the hotel's lobby screaming obscenities at the patrons... and who turned out to be the brother of the guy who owned the hotel. Fun times.

Anyway... Just wanted to toss that out there.

• 1 month later...

Well... I've never been a fan of West VA. The three times I've visited have left me underwhelmed by the state. The museum in Wheeling isn't that bad, but I don't remember seeing any space stuff at all....

Don't know too much about the Marx museum, though I think Toymemories might have some experience with the place.

I'll go wherever the group wants to go, but bear in mind this fun little story: Last time I was there, I had to travel more than an hour -- and across the state line -- to find a hotel who's review didn't include the words "drugs," "prostitution," or "bedbugs." My favorite -- the reviewer for one place who mentioned the crazy guy who came crashing into the hotel's lobby screaming obscenities at the patrons...

Not saying nothin' for nothin'... but you will never, ever catch me there. Ever. Did I say never? That's all I'll say.

An aside-

Toy dealer starts museum. Runs museum.

My father, who dealt in antiques always told me, if you want to buy lots of great stuff, open a store. You'll sell little, but the best stuff will walk in the door. Take that one step further, and open a "museum"...

The one true Marx museum, started by employees, run by employees, all for the love of Marx, was in Erie, PA. It closed a few years ago, which will always be a bit of sadness in my heart. It was a crying shame.

So, yeah... to the above, never.

And that's all I'll say about that.

(hey everyone! No, I'm not dead, haha... Well, not that I know of!)

• 1 month later...

Archived