MARX Electric robot

robothut

I had a Marx electric robot on the work bench for a tune up so thought I would shoot a video of one that still has full functions. Most have problems with the antenna lift knob or the arm swing controls. A short you tube video .

Excellent! I know it would be a huge undertaking but wouldn't be nice to have a data base of videos like this for all the vintage robots? Great job John!

I have one of these I got at the last Botstock that was at the Chicago Toy SHow. I got it to run by bypassing the reverse switch because that was broken, but the contacts in the head for the bulbs is loose and out of position. And since the head doesn't come apart I can't get in there to set it right. So he runs only forward, blind. One thing I did notice on this...with all the metal parts that have to touch to make contact, there is a lot to clean or sand down to get this guy running again. I got mine running but after a LOT of cleaning of contacts.

Archived