2 down, 1 to go! Lunar Spaceman Variations

The Toyman

I'm thrilled with the latest arrival from the UK. Another "Lunar Spaceman" to add to the collection. I have a silver version that I bought about 20 years ago, being a Hong Kong Robot he went unsold until I took a shine to him. So now I have a green one and it's just the red one I need to complete the trio. He works a treat but refuses to stand upright for very long :dirtdog:

...out with the Blu-Tac!

I hope you like him! :biggrin:

Noel

post-648-0-25572400-1404286650_thumb.jpg

weird and strange SpaceMan , congratulations ! !

Question:

The box shows a RED Space Man , is there any box with a GREEN SpaceMan ?

Thanks guys, I was watching another green version on Ebay last week, it went higher than I'd hoped but now I look again, I've noticed that he had RED feet and the "SALCO" name on the box?? Does anyone know who "SALCO" were?

post-648-0-48349600-1404312940_thumb.jpg

Salco are an English plastic manufacturer. They had a hand in the production of some neat space pieces. See here.

(and they made Beatles guitars)

There's also a light blue version. Noel. So you're only half way there.

not even halfway noel:)

there is the golden version also

astagonza: the boxes are all the same red version, some in german words instead of english,

the box bottom lid is stamped underneath "red" silver" "green" etc

ps noel: the standing up problem is easy to fix without opening:

you see underneath the feet the little axle which is attached to the inner leg?

its aluminium, and has bend over the years, just bend it back with a screw driver, its soft so it bends easy back if you control your force

I believe Xris has a conga line of the colours of these guys. Lots of variations. Congrats, I never had an appreciation of these until Robobob purchased one at Botstock a few years back in the nail-polish-red version. Strange how the maker used the shoulder section of Robot 2500 to great advantage here.

post-16-0-20194100-1404401896_thumb.jpgpost-16-0-93171300-1404401928.jpg

Xris' Conga Line and the elusive Gold color variation.

I finally got the Mego silver/gray version a couple years ago. It turned up at one of the antique shops here in Adamstown, complete with inserts and box. I must confess that it's appeal has grown on me over time. It's the only "spaceman" in my collection.

Thanks guys, I didn't know there were so many colours! :blush: maybe I'll scale down the hunt for now.... :scratchhead:

( I'll try and post a vid of him in action )

Noel

Archived