Speaking of prices...

Ultrarobotman

Sorry for the current auction topic, but c'mon..I mean, it does have scratches, and no box, but then again they do offer free shipping- obviously the high price is due to the " ULTRA " stature of the robot :rolling:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultraman-Battery-Op-Light-Up-Walking-Tin-Toy-Marusan-Original-BOX-FREE-SHIPPING-/281365167155?pt=Electronic_Battery_Windup_Toys_US&hash=item4182abbc33

Now everyone knows, we were all after this piece!!!!

I STILL think some sellers in Japan are confusing the U.S. dollar with Yen and putting the wrong currency symbol. :rolling:

That would translate closer to the norm I would think.

Maybe the same guy who bought that SW action figure will jump on this one too.

rare piece in box - I can easily see it getting $15,000.

Hi, Steve! a bold prediction, I can't wait to see the outcome. I have not followed these specifically but I have never seen one exactly like this before in the robot category of the bay, but maybe you have.. :scratchhead:

On the plus side, he does state that it's a "nice colour" so that helps :rolling:

I looked through the other items he has on sale and the RED Chrysler Imperial isn't that far off the mark, it's a real holy grail for the tin car collector!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281365160505&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Noel

Thanks, Toyman, I'm sure the nice color will help! as for the red Chrysler--I've never watched or collected tin cars, is it really a nice piece or not too high of a price, as I have never seen one before.?

Glad you posted this. Been watching this on & off for a while. Always wondering what it's realistic $ range is.

Steve seems to have a good handle on it. Personally never tracked the character toys but I like this

if it was in the 7-9k range I'd consider it. Very cool looking more so than any other ultraman I've come across

but 45K lol

Yes Ultrarobotman, the Chrysler is very much sought after, blue or black versions are the ones that surface and they can fetch $6-7000, boxed versions have been known to hit the $15-20K mark, so a red version, although not mint could just get there :wacko: ?

Here's a beauty I picked up recently...all 25" of it!

post-648-0-59543700-1403781152_thumb.jpg

Noel

Archived