ROBBY stars in Mork and Mindy.

robot polishing his rocket

I've heard about this episode, but never saw it. Thanks for posting it. Interesting choice to play him too...Roddy McDowell. I wonder if he was in the suit too or just supplied the voice for him?

15:58 there is a GREY??? Big Loo in the background at the deli. Thanks for posting this, I'd forgotten about Robby being on Mork.

If you have the Mork and Mindy lunch box like I do you may notice that the image on the lunch box was reversed as Robby Scanner rings are on the wrong sides.

I knew right away he was the original as you can see the thickness differences throughout the dome...seems to me the K-Tel record album advertised on TV and the Starlog Magazine commercial both around 1976 had Bill's newly constructed robot.

I've always liked the original Robby Suit as with the imperfections Robby actually looks like he was 'tinkered together' as stated in FP.

This site and all you guys are awesome. I always enjoy seeing and learning new robot related stuff. :biggrin:

This site and all you guys are awesome. I always enjoy seeing and learning new robot related stuff. :biggrin:

"The force is strong with this one! "

Hope all is well with you UltraRobotman (and son).

Some of us have been filling our shelves far too long (NOT). I was closer to Luke's age when I started...turned into one of these guys, I suppose that's what happens. :rolling: :frustrate:

Always enjoy you and your son's posts.

post-298-0-34771800-1403745256_thumb.jpg

Thanks John for clearing that up. I mean, Roddy was short enough to fit in the suit, and with all the ape appliances he has worn over the years I figure a Robby suit on him would be a walk in the park. But I figured he only supplied the voice, I just wanted to be sure. Thanks again.

This episode was great to watch again. I wonder how Robby the Robot on this show moved around so freely? When comparing him in other shows or movies. Wow, I also seen an Attacking Martian robot in the deli scene.

Archived