"The Force" was strong in this one!

The Toyman

I remember all these characters when they first came out

they looked made for a litttle kids .

I did not like them at all , , ,

Now they go for High Bucks !

I feel %#*^ :frustrate::frustrate:

The vintage Star Wars figs are making vintage 'bots look inexpensive (cheap) at $1G's up...holy *&^*% and it's stuff made in the hundreds of millions, yikes!

I recall these 'Droids' figures in Toronto's Silver Snail comic shop in the mid-'80s and thought they looked like childish crap...should've bought 'em. The store owner whom I'd known for 10 years at that time (in 1981 he tried to get me to fill my car with Kenner Aliens yes the big ones...I only took 3 for $36 and yes they were UGLY) said these Droids figures were scarce and he had them for like $25-40 each.

Even at that point where I'd been collecting robots/SW/other stuff for over 10 years I still didn't learn, it's the UGLY S^%+ that always goes up, no one wants it to begin with, they stop producing it pronto and someone has the guts to buy it cheap and store it for 30+ years and makes a killing. I've always wanted to enjoy the toys. All my SW figures were opened (I did keep the carefully opened bubbles and backing cards :thumbs:) and displayed for a few years at a time and enjoy them for what they are. Basically all I have is the crowd from Jabba's Dungeon scene, the still working fine 1981 battery op AT-AT with its inside workers that many visiting kids have enjoyed for decades and haven't so much as left a mark on it/them...and I'm fine with that, it's been fun. Don't know if the ugly stuff would have been AS fun.

$50G's???? I agree with Steve a Diamond Planet is more pleasing by far and that's what I'd prefer on my shelf...but hey, those gen X'rs are just beginning to collect. :frustrate:

They had more toys growing up than we did so I think they have many more items to collect to get it all back. :rolling:

Look up Stretch Serpent, the fellow filled with a food product (he's a bargain compared to the 'roid)...or the other nasty ugly guy (one of which I have, bought from a dollar store 35+ years ago). "HOLY CORN SYRUP BATMAN". Yeh, we laughed at Stretch Armstrong too. :crying-and-sobbing:

post-298-0-20144400-1403577008_thumb.jpg

post-298-0-76731400-1403577305_thumb.jpg

Archived