TPS Chief Robot Chief robot conversion

robothut

Ozzy had a idea for robot conversion that he calls the TPS Chief Robot. and here it is.

The rotors on top the head spin as the head turns left and right with a flashing light in side.

The chest has a Blue light that flashes as the robot is moving with a Stop & Go / Bump and Go action.

You Tube link

http://youtu.be/AbTxKYZzK9g

Build page link.

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/TPSchief.html

Beautiful Job John , those shoulder rudders should add some stability during his vertical take off :biggrin:

Red claws tie the red on the back nicely. How did you modify the Chiefs antenna's to rotate the top one ?

The drive shaft for a chief robot is a vertical shaft, but it is too short so I replaced it with a longer vertical shaft and ran it right up to the top propellers. There is a flex drive on the vertical shaft drive already so that helps align things also. The TPS head mounts right on to the original chief head neck base with some added metal in the front to fill in under the chin area. I did not take and build pictures so can not show the inside mods, like the flasher for the chest light that uses the bump and go clicker as the flasher switch just like all rotomatic robots that have gun clickers use the clicker as the flasher for the gun lights.

• 8 months later...

that's a very classy conversion John, great work as always.

is there a source of coloured light lenses other than ripping toys apart ? i have real trouble locating suitable red dome type lights for my stuff, all the best ones from cheap Chinese crappo toys seem to have disappeared over the last few years.

Archived