HARLEY ELECTRIC BIKE

Phil R

I've always had a cycle as along as I can remember, owned a Harley and rode my Dad's too- I don't call it sacrilege,Phil. I appreciate new ventures and the excitement - understandably this IS a HUGE venture for Harley but I will make a prediction here. This will be the Ford's Edsel of motorcycles. I want to make clear I mean NO disrespect to your post, Phil, at all, and thanks, it's the first Iv'e heard of it. Only I, for one, cannot see a Harley making a "buzz" sound going down the road as opposed to the famous roar of the now usual open-pipe Harley. What a huge number of GREEN folks don't realize is that plugging in their green electric vehicles possibly use MORE carbon-based reserves than conventional gasoline engines. Every time they plug it in to re-charge the battery, a DIRTY, COAL-FIRED power plant is chugging away to make the juice to charge the batteries on their vehicles; solar or wind have extremely little impact for such a large consumption. :biggrin:

Looks very interesting. Perhaps in time there will be a charger added perhaps to the wheels as they turn so as we drive the battery will be charged some what. :biggrin:

Ultra,

I love you man, but here is some food for thought, the first motorized vehicles were electric using a chemical battery, when Skylab orbited the planet it used solar panels and batteries, someday soon most motorized vehicles will use electricity supplied by batteries energized by hydrogen and solar power plants, when that day comes your Harley with have a throttle controlled sound emitter that will make your green Hog sound like Hogs of old just not as dirty.

I agree with Ultra,,except for one thing. I love it ! I'd buy the damn thing for one reason.....No oil dripping on the driveway ! :rolling: Besides,,Make mine a Guzzi S3. Best sounding bike motor ever built.

Archived