Star Wars bootleg gun? Guerra de Las Galaxias Machine Gun

JamieJamieBrown

Hi guys

I'm wondering if anyone can give me any information at all (origin year etc) on this Star Wars bootleg(?) gun?

Many thanks

post-439-0-86999500-1403449041_thumb.jpg

post-439-0-38673100-1403449049_thumb.jpg

post-439-0-47379200-1403449060_thumb.jpg

General consensus is that it's from the late 1970s, but without a Bernabeu Gisbert catalog to confirm, it remains guesswork. I've seen blue and gold versions as well.

I'm amazed that a big Spanish toy company got away with such a blatant knock off: there's no doubting the origin of those box graphics.

You could be right, Alessandro, but whenever it's mentioned it's described as unlicensed. There's no reference to Lucasfilms anywhere on the box.

It's definitely unlicensed, I know a guy who specializes in unlicensed and bootleg Star Wars items and he's got these in his collection. (All three versions.) I can try to get some more info.

It is pretty crazy that they did it, though. You'd think Lucas would have dropped the hammer pretty quickly... Heck, maybe he did. :)

A great box, but not my favorite gun. I have one, but more for the box than the toy.

There were a lot of SW bootleg/knock off guns produced, most with pretty insane box art. Everyone wanted to capitalize on the market I guess.

Yes indeed, the box art is cool, but actually I like the gun. Mine is a very uncommon colorway...when I bought it, the seller said it was a prototype.

post-656-0-79330300-1403823414_thumb.jpg

Did you catch that Doc?...pro-to-type!! :biggrin:

I like your version Brady; I'm not a fan of chromed anything. Design-wise I think the gun would look way better without that boxy thing in front of the trigger.

I like your version Brady; I'm not a fan of chromed anything. Design-wise I think the gun would look way better without that boxy thing in front of the trigger.

Tinman,

My guess would be that the structure under the barrel was supposed to be a hand grip to "steady the weapon". :scratchhead:

post-656-0-74802700-1404055981.jpg

• 3 years later...

Well, after some years looking for this Gun , I finally got it , I am a big Star Wars Fan and this one was on my wish list.

star wars gun 005.JPG

star wars gun 006.JPG

Congratulations Astrogonza. I must say I'm not very fond of the shape of the gunĀ  but the box is very cool. I like unlicensed star wars toys. It seems that you've a nearly mint example.

Archived