Winky robot - how to open ?

leotoys

someone had alredy tried to open a Winky robot ?

i suppose it will be most difficult that other robot with external flaps !

There are posts some place on the drome about the winky bot and the reproduction ones, also if you check the custom robot section you will see custom winky bots, there not hard to open.

I have a Winky that needs restoring, I only really want to clean him up but it would be great to get him apart to clean and lubricate his bits & pieces, I also don't know if he had a red 'gel' over his 'mouth'... it seems some do and some don't :scratchhead:

post-648-0-79757900-1403245633_thumb.png

Noel

dear Noel,

if you do like trailblazer you may open it and then tell me know how to do because also the mine needs of replacing the glass on chest

Here is the post John was talking about.

Not much on taking them apart but is does have Henk in it.

It can also get you close to the date that the Repros came out and you can find other mentions

of Winky from that date.

While we are around the subject of this type of robot can anyone let me know if the space explorer comes with and without sparking.

I found this ref http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/lot/a-yonezawa-clockwork-space-explorer-4605540-details.aspx?intObjectID=4605540 on the Paul Lips sale

"Lot Description

A Yonezawa clockwork Space Explorer

in metallic grey, non-sparking head version, in original box, --24cm. high (G, wear to one foot and one arm)"

I just wondered as I have just got a perfect working one. There is no spark but with so little use I would have expected to have if it had a flint, so again my question is were the made with and without?

Also, every time there is an explorer for sale that has an antenna on the shoulder there is the claim that this is much rarer than the one without. Over the last year i have seen more for sale with the antenna so is it about 50 50 split?

Thanks

Chilli

• Brian.. changed the title to Winky robot - how to open ?

Archived