Bakelite Robot?

The Toyman

I've just bought a small collection of Robots ( literally ) amongst them are three of these little fellas, all the same size ( approx 2" tall ) with cam action on the wheels that make the arms flick up and down as they roll along. The other two are plain but this one has a swirl effect to the plastic which may indicate the molds being flushed with a new colour.

Does anyone know any more about him? :scratchhead:

Noel

post-648-0-18682400-1402999428_thumb.jpg

post-648-0-23229100-1402999455_thumb.jpg

I bought mine 5 years ago. It doesn't have the swirl and he has a pinocchio nose. It also had a small weight and string which is supposed to drag him along when dangled over a table , also moving his arms. It doesn't work very well but might if a heavier weight like a washer is added.

post-221-0-65464800-1403008865_thumb.jpg

I did a post once here long ago with a picture of my Tobor Ceeial Premium robot as well as miniature of the shredded wheet box they came in that I have on display in the hut.

Wow, thanks guys, hey Andyman, he looks just like you :biggrin: Robothut, thanks for the picture, I've saved a copy, now I know what they are I think I'll keep all three! :scratchhead:

Noel

I have one of these and one of the "Racing Robots". THey worked with a balloon you blew up and when the air escaped, the robot raced on the floor. The Racing Robots came with Wheat or Rice Honeys.

post-125-0-27605000-1403031314_thumb.jpg

Archived